Pupil Premium Grant
Free School Meals (UIFSM) and Pupil Premium (PP)
Free School Dinners for children in early Years, Year 1 and Year 2
Children in the above Year groups are automatically entitled to a free lunch. This is paid for by the Government and is open to ALL families. This is called Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM).
You do not need to claim. You simply complete the school dinner order forms each week and we do the rest!
Income Related Free School Meals (IRFSM)
You can claim free school meals (for your childs entire time at primary school- not just the years covered above by UIFSM) if you recieve these benefits:
- income support
- income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit- as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16.190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit
Think you might be eligible? We can check for you! Give us a call - 01908 690098 or email Miss Warner on email@example.com for help.
The Pupil Premium
If you qualify for IRFSM (as above), it's more than just a free lunch! The school will recieve additional funding to support your child. We use this money to provide extra support for your child; this includes academic support as well as support with friendships, behaviour and self esteem.
We also offer extra support in the form of free milk, a free school jumper and subsidised trips and visits...so it really is worth applying for. If you are not sure you are eligible, we would rather check to make sure than miss out on this vital funding.